Registrar's Office

The Office of the Registrar is a vital link to your success at Grand View University. We assist you with keeping accurate records of your college educational experience.

Responsive image

Transfer Students
You will first encounter us when having transfer credits (those courses from other institutions) evaluated toward fulfilling degree requirements at Grand View. All coursework taken at another institution must be evaluated. This includes courses taken both prior to admission to Grand View and while a student here. You must request that an official transcript be sent from the other school(s) to Grand View. You will receive a copy of the transfer evaluation. It's a good idea to keep a file with these records.

You will work with your assigned advisor, or the director of Academic Advising, to schedule your courses. Registration forms must be processed in this office for registration to be complete. Any time you change your registration you will need to complete the form with your advisor and process it in the Registrar’s Office. Also if you change your name, address, etc. you need to fill out a form. This will help you to receive mailings in a timely manner.

The Registrar’s Office posts and maintains records of all grades for courses completed at Grand View. We will post grades on myView after each term is completed. If you need a printout of your grades for reimbursement or insurance purposes, you will need to fill out a grade request form. Any questions about a specific grade should be directed to your instructor and not this office.  You can request a copy of your transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse HERE. There is a fee for each transcript.

The year before you plan to graduate, you and your advisor must complete a Petition to Graduate. This is filed in our office and is audited against University requirements. This assures you that you are taking the courses you will need to complete your degree. Once you have completed all of these requirements your diploma will be mailed from this office.

As you can see, the Office of the Registrar is important to your success at Grand View. We will assist you to be a successful graduate of Grand View University.

Degree Verification for Employers
Grand View has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. We do not give that information by phone.The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:

Web: www.degreeverify.org
Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

The Registrar's Office is located in the Humphrey Center at 1200 Grandview Avenue on the second floor. To contact the Registrar's Office, please call 515-263-2960.  Click the bar below for access to many of the forms you may need.

More Information
Frequently Used Forms

The forms below are provided for your convenience. After downloading, simply print, FAX, mail or keep the form for your personal reference.

Additional forms specifically for students, faculty and staff can be accessed on myView.

Transcript Request

Appeal of Probation or Suspension Decision

Appeal for Readmission

Duplicate Diploma Request

Online Name/Address Change

Name / Address Change

Online Grade Request Form

Grade Request Form

Student Authorization Form

Petition for Change in Graduation Requirements

Petition for Graduation

Graduation/Diploma Information


To view a form, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. This is a free download available by clicking on "Get Acrobat Reader".


IE8 Alert

This site is not compatible in Internet Explorer 8. Please use Firefox or Chrome for a better experience.